A number of members have been reporting that their Telus bills have increased without notice. The good news is that if you take swift action, Telus will reverse the overcharge and reinstate the Telecom Program 40% off rates. Call customer service and tell them that you seem to have been removed from the CHF BC Telecom Program and confirm that you live in a Co-op and that you are part of the Telecom Program. Ask them to adjust your bill to reflect the correct rates. Be firm and polite and they should do so.
Telus now requires renewal confirmation every two years. You will have to diarize a call to Telus before your term expires to ensure they don’t raise your rates again.
Thanks to kevin manders of Grant Street for walking some of our members through this process!
Here are the details of the program as it currently exists. Any member can still sign up for the program if you haven’t already:
This flexible program allows members of CHF BC member co-ops to select from individual services or bundles. There is no minimum signup requirement from co-op members to participate.
Telus Home Solutions Optik TV Essentials*
- Internet 15
- Internet 25
- Internet 50
- Internet 150 (with unlimited data to 1 TB)
- Home Phone lite
Special Bundle Pricing
It gets even better with these bundles:
- Optik TV* Essentials, Home Phone Services and Internet 15
- Optik TV* Essentials, Home Phone Services and Internet 25
- Optik TV* Essentials, Home Phone Services and Internet 50
- Optik TV* Essentials, Home Phone Services and Internet 150
* Optik TV includes one free PVR rental